Saturday 7 July 2012

My Husband Planted “Magun” On Me, Says Wife

A 34-year-old nurse on Friday leapt for joy when an Oshodi Customary Court in Lagos dissolved the five-year-old marriage to her husband who allegedly planted “magun’’ on her. The petitioner, Mrs Taiwo Akinode, who resides at 58, Mafoluku Road, Oshodi, Lagos openly expressed her joy and gratitude over the judgment, saying, “thank God, I am free from this juju man.“
“My husband had planted `magun’ on me because he does not trust me, he thinks am promiscuous.
“I almost lost my life before my relations came to the rescue and it was discovered that he was the culprit.
“He does not have respect for my mother, whenever she tries to intervene in our disagreement, he will extend the beating to my mother,” she said.
She accused her husband of adultery, saying that he slept around with different women.
She also alleged that Akinode was irresponsible, adding that he threatened her life with `juju` because he was an “Ifa’’ worshipper.
“I do not blame him because I moved in with him following a prophecy from my pastor that he is my rightful husband. He did not marry me properly.
“He is very fetish, he has been threatening me and my mother and I cannot take it anymore, that is why I filed the divorce,’’ she told the court.
The respondent, Toyin Akinode, a 37-year-old mechanic did not deny the allegations, saying that he was also fed up with the marriage.
“My wife is very stubborn and promiscuous and her mother will always support her whenever I report my wife to her.
“She was aware that I am an “Ifa’’ worshipper before I married her five-years ago, now she wants a divorce over my religious background,“ Akinode said.
He, however, urged the court to proceed with the dissolution of their marriage.
Akinode also promised the court that he would pay the maintenance fee and would prefer to visit his children at school in order to avoid any trouble with his former wife.
The court president, Mrs R.I. Adetola pronounced the dissolution of the marriage.
“I hereby dissolve the marriage between Toyin and Taiwo, since both parties are tired of the marriage and both consented to the dissolution.
“The two children of the marriage should be in the custody of their mother since they are still very young. Any aggrieved party can appeal against the judgment within the next 30 days,“ Adetola said.
She ordered that the respondent pay the sum of N4, 000 monthly to the court registrar for his children`s maintenance.
Culled: Leadership

No comments:

Post a Comment