Saturday 25 August 2012

CYNTHIA KILLERS ASKED FOR N20M---MOTHER

Chief (Mrs.) Joyrita Osokogu, mother of the late Cynthia Osokogu, who was murdered by her Facebook friends, has said that the killers of her daughter earlier demanded N20million from her.
She disclosed this at the ECWA Staff new GRA home at Farin-Gada area of Jos.
According to her, “On Sunday July 22nd, she called me to tell me that she had arrived Lagos to collect some goods that had just arrived from overseas and promised to come and see me immediately she arrived from Lagos. So when she did not call me on the day she was supposed to arrive, I called her number and it wasn’t going…I went to the police to complain… when we called the number again
…someone picked it up and… told me she was in Symbol hospital in Benin which turned out to be a fake hospital. ..They said they had kidnapped her and demanded for N20million with a fake account number…two weeks later they told me that I should not bother to call again, that she had been killed…it was after this that I declared her missing.”
Meanwhile, Major General Frank Osokogu (rtd), father of the late Cynthia Osokogu, said that the death of his daughter has not been in vain.
The retired general, who disclosed this while addressing journalists in Jos on Friday, said “Cynthia’s death serves as a caution to youths who get to know friends on social media and venture to meet them.”
Describing the daughter’s action as an adventure which became too costly, Osokwu asked youths to be watchful over what they do on social media.
The late Cynthia attended Command Secondary School, Jos where she won many laurels and she graduated from Nassarawa State University at the age of 21. She read English Education.
She was Miss NYSC Batch ‘B’ 2010. She was a runner-up in Miss Nigeria 2010.
She was studying Public Administration in her Master’s programme and just finished her exam before she met her death.

Channels

No comments:

Post a Comment