Monday 10 September 2012

CHILDREN WERE NUMBERED ON THE HEAD FOR IDENTIFICATION IN ASIA

If you are the mother of more than one child, than you understand how annoying it is to constantly fumble over the names of your children. This is me, totally. I find myself going down the roster of names every single time, especially the ones that start with the same sound.

My Nana would do the same exact thing. We used to laugh because she couldn’t keep the names of her twenty five plus grandchildren straight. I only have six kids, why am I complaining?
What if all of your children looked the same–how hard would it be to tell them apart? Usually, they say parents of identical twins can tell which child is which due to subtle differences. However, in the case of a set of these Chinese quadruplets, their mother wanted to ease them into the school experience and help their teachers tell them apart, so she came up with an ingenious plan.
She shaved numbers on their heads.
This same mother used to tag their ankles when they were toddlers. “My sons are identical, even to me.” said their mother Tan Chaoyun from Shenzhen, China. I admire Tan’s creativity–I use the number system as well which helps me when I fill out paperwork, schedule dentist appointments…even serving them at dinner. But it’s more of a mental checklist for me–we don’t shave heads around here.
I’ll admit that I didn’t visualize the numbers shaved onto their heads being so large and so….out there. I can’t help but think a small number on the side of their head would’ve sufficed. I’m not so sure my kids would appreciate a giant number two on the top of their heads.PLS SHARE!


No comments:

Post a Comment