Monday 22 October 2012

SENATOR--BOKOHARAM: QUOTES OF THE WEEK

"He was not arrested in my house.
my boys in My House took JTF to Where Boko Haram Commander was Hidding".

Senator Ahmad Zanna, representing Borno Central, has said a Boko Haram commander, Shuaibu Bama, was arrested in the house of former governor Ali Modu Sheriff and not in his (Senator Zanna) house, contrary to the claim by the Joint Task Force, JTF.

Speaking with newsmen, Sunday, Zanna said attempt by the JTF to link him with the Boko Haram commander by claiming that he was arrested in his house was a plan to frame him up.

The senator told journalists in Abuja, that he believed the JTF was trying to rope him in because of his recent interview in which he called for its withdrawal from the state on account of failure to adhere to the rules of engagement.

“About 40 members of the JTF came to my house in four armoured vehicles on the day in question.
They asked the boy to lead them to where he (Bama) was and that boy took them to where Shuaibu Bama was and they arrested him.

“He was not arrested in my house. He was arrested in a house which belongs to Sen. Ali Modu Sheriff. The question is why did the JTF say that Shuaibu Bama was arrested in the house of a serving senator?

I am the only serving senator who has a house on the Dabuwa Road. Bama was not arrested in my house. He was arrested at the house located at Rabi Street, off Dambuwa Road. My case is a very clear case of framing. But it has failed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment