Friday 21 December 2012

OUR OPINION: ALL YOU NEED FOR 2013

I can vividly remember how we used to go and queue early in the morning at some where in Surulere, Lagos to make an international call. Or is it when we must all go and sit at a neighbor's house every Saturday/Sunday evening before our dad could talk to us from America because NITEL said only two families deserved a land phone in my estate? When we had to sit back for an extra hour should the line break? I did not know what privacy was like when talking on phone. Every family issue became opened to everyone around to deliberate upon even when you did not ask for their opinion.It was a norm because some of us were talking on phone for the first time.

So, I could not touch or feel what a mobile phone was like until 2OO1. It was as if heaven came down when gsm was introduced. Even though it was only
our dad that could boast of Sony Erricsson T28 then in our house.Because I can still remember how he used to carry his hand as if he was the one that brought the whole world together( laughing. dont mind me ooo papa). As time went on, not having a mobile phone became a taboo in the house even though I had to collect my salary in advance to get one and some of us had to sell our pant trousers and add some borrowed money to it in order to feel among.Then Sergem myx1, x2,x3 etc and nokia 3310 were one of the reigning brands then and you must be a banker to afford myx 7.

Because I remember how I almost created a terrible scene at the Vangauard office in Lagos so that I could display my Sergem x2. Since no one wanted to notice me. Even though I was in my bathroom silpers. At least I was using a mobile phone. That was the joy of it. Every other thing was story as far as I was concerned.

As time went on, it was not just having a mobile phone that determined the big boys in town but the quality and brand of phone. So, we moved to the issue of ring tones. Those with polyphonic ring tones almost made life miserable to some of us with the normal ring tones.Then it became a crime if your phone should ring out. The shame was too much for some of us to bear. That was how some of us knew how to put vibration into use. Knowledge indeed. We had to struggle to catch up with that. Then the issue of screen color of your phone mattered a lot if you must move with the trend. Those with blue face would not allow the yellow face owner to have a sleeping pill. But with God helping us, we still caught with them especially with the Samsung antenna blue face( It cost about N58,000 then).

What about the issue camera? You dared not pose outside without your phone having a camera, bluetooth and video facilities. Even though, some cameras could only display some people's heads like soccer balls and make some ladies uglier. At least you must show your own. The storm was quite much on this. But in the end we still caught up with them. It went on like that.

I also remember that it took me over 2years to see that thing called blackberry with my eyes. The only thing I was privileged to know about the phone was just the name.So, I had to sit opposite the owner at one canteen called Belgium in my estate in order to view it properly. and it never crossed my mind for one second that I could ever use the phone in my life-time even though I believed that with God all things were possible. So, I thought all those young guys using it then were thieves or ritualists.

Along the line, I saw myself pinging, series of bb became the order of the day. Curve 1,2,34,5 etc. Bold1,2,3,4,5 etc, Torch 1,2,3 etc . Today, we are up there with them. It is now everywhere. If you search properly, beggars on the road will show you their mobile phones.The shoe maker that mended my shoe the last time had his own including the elewa agan yin on my street. One of the children in my house has two. and I remember when one of them threw his own inside tea and how it was replaced some days later. Nobody shouted.

My point is this! nothing in life worth dying for except your SALVATION if you have one already. No good things you see around today that you cannot have. It is just a matter of time, which is PATIENCE. All that it will take an ant to finish the biggest elephant is patience. I wonder how those girls that lost their virginity because of Blackberry BOLD 2 are feeling now. And those that sold one of their kidneys to buy ipad 1.All those items are outdated now.That is life for us. This is what you need for 2013. Nothing worth dying for. Not even the so called boy/girl friend. Because there will everly be fine boys/girls if not finer on the street. Step by step go into 2013 and see how God will bring those things you need to pass in your life especially if you belong to him. But remember, JESUS IS LORD!. Or do you want another story how my dad used to disturb the entire Surelere in his DATSUN CHERRY? Hmmm you love story.. bye. Compliment of the season. Love you all.

twitter on @Adenugatunde1

No comments:

Post a Comment