Monday 1 February 2016

2016 BUDGET : A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE IN AN OLD GARMENT BY TUNDE ADENUGA

No nation can grow faster than the ideology of her people. Show me a nation where the emotion of the citizens is more attached to those in charge of the nation more than the nation itself and I will point to you a nation that will be far from development. Because the equation is not always balance.

 I have personally thought through the whole corruption thing and I have come out with a conclusion that Nigerians seem to be the problem. To me, this corruption thing will thrive for a long time. In short, from all clear angles, it seems to me that our so called leaders are helpless including the ones that seem to have some elements of integrity around their necks or we are just building excuses for them? I am also beginning to have another mind of reasoning that even the former President Jonathan was not as weak as I thought only that he could not just help it at some certain stages. Because it is becoming obvious that PMB would be helpless in the end on this matter because he can't run this war race alone with this template. There is a template of
corruption in this country. Same template was adopted by the APC government. And a good example is the 2016 budget popularly called the budget of change.

 I raised it in one of my articles few months back and I made it clear that "what we have in the country is a group of political class and non political class". So we must forget this acronyms of APC or PDP. They don't exist in reality. This is why same guys move from one political party and welcome in another political party. It is called recycled leadership. So it betrays a common sense to me when I see people arguing that one party is better than the other when you can see the level of migration of rogues with our "korokoro" eyes . To me I will rather continue to see them as members of a political class lest I confuse my self with letters, colours and logos. Even in the era change mantra and with the way the EFCC is acting like a commando and rambo altogether, some members in the change cabinet are still bold enough to allocate 27M for C-caution,rope and fire extinguishers. They wrote it that way in the same of budget of change. they were not even creative enough to use better words. I am sorry. This is beginning to look like a nation of sick people to me. Both the government and the governed.

At the end of the day, if we thoroughly go through the entire budget, we will all realise that this budget does not need any loan to survive including our N50 stamp duty because the budget will not be more than 4 Trillion Naira in reality and execution. The deficit here is the wastage, stealing and all manner of corruption that will take place. Nigerians are bane of their development. The same Nigerians that stood against the crazy feeding allocation for food under Jonathan, have suddenly kept quiet including the civil society. That is hypocrisy at its peak. The question is, whose interest are we championing? National interest, personal interest ?

 Finally, I have done my best as a patriotic Nigerian, I don't have the direct line of those in power including the president and his Vice but I can access their twitter accounts. I have attached those budget allocation images especially those ones I found funny and unrealistic to their accounts and told them why they would not move the nation forward with this budget and also copied those I needed to be copied including sympathisers. If by 25th of February, all the terrible aspects of the budget are passed by the senate as promised including ones allocated to the presidency , I will lose total confidence in the Nigerian government. There is a template of corruption in this country that even the messiah of change can't run without no matter how he tries.

The Last Presidential chat made it clear that he was not even aware that N3.6Billion BMW cars budget was sneaked into the budget. It is that bad. How can N3.9Billion be allocated for the renovation of the Villa? Are they. Pulling down the entire villa? So sad. How can the budget allocation for Aso Rock medical centre be higher than the capital project for UBTH, UNNTH,OAUTH put together? Some agents are about to resume the so called looting in this era of change. Until this useless template is destroyed, this country won't move forward. Prof Osibajo should resume real work now and stop traveling from state to state. No other time for the use of his doctorate degree than now. I expect more from him.

Some of these civil servants and DGs are more not helping matters. But pending that time, whatever you can do within your power legitimately to put these so called leaders in check. Pls do. Call them if you have their lines, go to the national dailies if you can, sleep online if you can or ignore it at your peril. When the house eventually collapses(God forbid), everyone will feel the impact including my beautiful ladies who don't mind to be first ladies. Yet they hate politics.

God bless Nigeria

Tunde Adenuga
twitter : @tunde_adenuga

No comments:

Post a Comment