Friday 22 July 2016

Report: 1 killed in shooting at Munich shopping mall

One person was killed and 10 people were injured in a shooting at a Munich shopping mall Friday, CNN affiliate NTV reported.
 
[Original story, published at 12:59 p.m. ET]
Gunfire rang out at a shopping mall in the German city of Munich on Friday evening, prompting a large law enforcement response to what one police spokesperson said was a "shooting spree."
The shooting, reported about 6 p.m. local time at the Olympia shopping mall, is over, police spokeswoman Claudia Kvenzel said. There was no immediate information about injuries or deaths.
"I heard several shots," Stein said. "(I) was just going to buy something while my coworker was still in the shop.
"People started running. I went outside as well; more people running outside. I think I heard more shots. Then it sounded like he went to the parking house next to the mall -- several shots there."
 
Credit: CNN

No comments:

Post a Comment